Last week we announced broad changes to the marketplace, including new rules for businesses to display their contact details to prospective buyers.
E-commerce regulations clearly state that businesses must provide the geographic address at which their business is established. Members who are operating as businesses on eBay.co.uk need to comply with this law. eBay provides business registration functionality to help sellers easily display their business details directly on the View Item page.
A number of sellers have voiced security concerns with displaying their address on the View Item page. To mitigate this, we are extending the list of permissible locations for a business to provide their contact details.
Sellers operating as a business on eBay.co.uk must clearly display their business name and geographic address in at least one of the following locations:
1. On the View Item page – in the Business Seller Information section
2. On a user’s About Me page
3. On a Shop’s custom page that is no more than one click from their main Shop page.
1. PO Box addresses are not considered to be geographic addresses, and will not be accepted as a valid business address.
2. Businesses choosing to display their name and address on the View Item page must display that information in the Business Seller Information section. Displaying the name and address in the item description only is insufficient.
The eBay Team