April 28, 2010 | 12:49PM a SGT
eBay has announced changes to be implemented starting this June that will help increase sellers’ profitability by helping them to sell more efficiently
and increasing buyer satisfaction. As before, we continue to consolidate the changes into two or three releases per year so sellers have sufficient lead time
Here’s an overview of the second set of major changes for sellers in 2010.
Setting correct buyer expectations through more clearly defined item conditions:
- To make it easier for sellers to specify item condition, we’re introducing more descriptive values in many categories (applicable to eBay US, UK and
- In some categories, starting on July 27, sellers are required to specify item condition in all listings (applicable to all eBay sites).
Improving buyer satisfaction and rewarding sellers for great service:
- Opening a case through the eBay or PayPal Buyer Protection program—especially when the buyer has tried and was not able to work out an issue directly
with the seller—is a clear indication of dissatisfaction. That’s why starting in September, along with low DSRs, eBay will consider buyer dispute cases for
item not received and item not as described to evaluate seller performance (applicable to eBay US and UK).
- Sellers will be able to opt out of the automated eBay Payment Reminder emails if they prefer to send their own communications instead (applicable to
- eBay will send a standardised Feedback Reminder email. Sellers will no longer be able to automate their own Feedback Reminder email through Selling
Manager or Selling Manager Pro (applicable to eBay US).
- Email communication between buyers and sellers will be even more secure with email addresses kept anonymous and improved documentation of email
conversations in My Messages (applicable to all eBay sites).
- To highlight the most relevant listings from sellers providing great value and service, Featured First—the listing upgrade that allows items to be
featured in the top two spots of Best Match search results—will be discontinued (applicable to eBay US).
Easier, more profitable selling:
- To help you stay on top in a dynamic marketplace, we’re introducing new functionality and tools to make it faster and easier to edit, list, and
relist in bulk—up to 5,000 listings at once (applicable to all eBay sites).
- Starting in July, when one of your product photos is selected for the eBay catalog, you'll receive five free Subtitle credits (applicable to eBay US, UK
Get complete details about these important updates here.
For more insights, you’re also invited to:
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
The eBay Team