June 08, 2007 | 01:10PM PST/PT
Here are listing policy clarifications that we are implementing effective immediately:
- Apple iPhone Pre-Sales are prohibited. This highly-anticipated device will be in high demand after the US release on June 29th, 2007. Prior to the release of similar high-demand electronics, we saw a high number of well-intentioned sellers unable to meet their pre-sale obligations to buyers due to restricted supply, as well as an increase in fraudulent listings for these items. To prevent similar problems with the iPhone, eBay is prohibiting all pre-sales of this device.
- Criteria for Apple iPhone Post-Launch Sales. In order to continue to ensure protection for our Community after these items are made available by the manufacturer, the following requirements have been put in place for the sale of the iPhone:
- The listing must include a unique photograph of the item or items
- Your User ID must be clearly displayed within the photograph (watermarks will not be accepted).
- To ensure buyer protection, PayPal must be the only accepted form of payment
Sellers will also be notified of these requirements during the listing process when using the Sell Your Item form.