19 June, 2012 | 11:20
Since we announced updates to the eBay US Top-rated seller criteria in February, many Top-rated sellers have said they need more time to meet the new requirement to upload tracking within handling time on 90% or more of US transactions.
We are extending the time for implementing the tracking upload requirement by one month. We will begin counting tracking for achieving Top-rated status as of June 1 (and not May 1 as originally announced). As a reminder, Canadian sellers who are Top-rated in the US do not need to meet this tracking requirement in order to get their 20% Final Value Fee discount. Those who do not meet the 90% tracking upload requirement will benefit from the greatest average boost for fixed priced listings in Best Match (on eBay.com).
This means that your June 20 seller performance evaluation will not take tracking into consideration when determining Best Match rankings on eBay.com. Instead, we will use the following criteria:
- 0.5% or less low DSRs
eBay remains committed to delivering buyers the best shopping experience. That experience includes confirmation their order has been shipped and receiving tracking information. At the July 20 seller performance evaluation (and in each evaluation after that), to benefit from the maximum boost in search results rankings on eBay.com, you will need to upload tracking within your stated handling time on 90% of US transactions.
- 0.5% or less opened eBay and PayPal Buyer Protection cases
- 0.3% or less seller unresolved eBay and PayPal Buyer Protection cases
- 98% or better Feedback score
- $1,000 annual sales with a minimum of 100 transactions in the last 12 months
- 1-day handling
- 14-day or better returns with a money-back option
We continue to be impressed by the number of sellers who have already risen to the challenge of the new criteria and now offer the services online buyers expect-including tracking. eBay buyers clearly appreciate it too, as shown by the continued growth of sales for Top-rated sellers. All of the other indicators eBay uses to track buyer satisfaction are also pointing to this progress-due in large part to your quick action and dedication to great service. We thank you and look forward to more sellers achieving Top-rated status in the months ahead.
- The July evaluation will look at transactions from June 1 to June 30 to determine if you meet the standard.
- The August evaluation will look at the period of June 1 to July 31.
- The September evaluation will look at June 1 to August 31.
- From that point onward, we will look back at the previous three calendar months of transactions to determine your tracking upload rate.