31 May 2006 | 12:57PM EST
The next generation Sell Your Item (SYI) will soon be available on eBay.com.au. Called SYI 3.0, our goal has been to make the SYI form shorter and more efficient.
New features in this version of SYI include:
We have received good feedback from sellers all over the world who have tried SYI 3.0, which has been available as a link on the Sellers’ Hub. We've incorporated much of what we've learned from you and are getting closer to releasing the final version.
- A simple 1-2-3 listing process - fewer pages and fields help reduce the time it takes to create a listing.
- A “category suggestions” feature – this ensures your item is listed in the best category for maximum exposure to buyers.
- Dynamic help and personalised tips – these provide guidance and best practice tips to help you create a better listing.
- Listing preview section – see what your listing will look like when viewed by potential buyers before you submit your listing.
- Re-usable listing templates – these make it easier for you to list additional items.
However to be absolutely sure that SYI 3.0 is right for the eBay Community, we are going to run a very limited test over the next few weeks where a small number of randomly selected members will by default see the new form. Rest assured that if you are selected for this trial and don’t want to use SYI 3.0, the current version of SYI will still be available. Trial participants will be asked to share their experiences in a survey.
Thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback to date and we look forward to your ongoing help in our efforts to improve the selling experience on eBay.
The eBay Team